As notes for my self, I am tracking changes that I make to the CSS, _config.yml and other files. While I could probably unravel them using GitHub, if I choose to move to a new theme it will probably come in handy to have docs in a more readable format.
Plus I got to experience my first Jekyll build failure while working on the page. This nice alert email delivered to my inbox:
The page build failed for the
masterbranch with the following error:
Page build failed. For more information, see https://help.github.com/articles/troubleshooting-github-pages-builds/.
For information on troubleshooting Jekyll see:
If you have any questions you can contact us by replying to this email.
The issues were minor, and ones a better linter for Markdown would have caught. I closed a set of quotes that started with /” with /’ and I had used the includes methods method wrong.
I added linter-markdown to my Atom packages. Hopefully, it will catch the next error.
Yay for learning early!